Summer is the best time to improve your home’s ambiance. The nice weather makes it easy to get home improvement projects done fast. With all the entertaining and BBQing your family plans to do this summer, your home’s ambiance should be one of your priorities in your home improvement projects. You want to make sure your family friends and even business associates, feel welcome and comfortable while at your home.
The list below will give you 6 easy ways to improve your home’s ambiance quickly and easily this summer.
1. Exterior Stone Veneer- Exterior stone veneer sidings give your home the look of natural stone without the labor and cash required for natural stone siding. Another great benefit of exterior stone veneer is the timeless style of stone. When people think of stone houses, they think of homes that are expensive, well built, and classic. Using exterior stone veneer will add an ambiance of class and sophistication to your home.
2. Custom Wall Murals – Custom wall murals are a trendy new way of displaying art in your home. Rather than hanging paintings with nails creating holes in the walls, homeowners are choosing to have custom wall murals designed. Walls murals can be made from vinyl or wallpaper, stickers, and other materials. Custom wall murals can include your own photographs and designs. Self-adhesive wall murals can be easily removed without damaging the paint on the walls. Some artists are able to hand paint custom wall murals directly onto your walls as well. This type of decorating creates an ambiance of trendiness and also personality and comfort.
3. Timeless Furniture Pieces – If you are looking for furniture that will stand the test of time and always be in style, choose handcrafted Amish furniture. The Amish are known for their mastery and skill in woodworking and create solid wood furniture that is detailed and durable. Handcrafted Amish furniture always looks classic and elegant in any home no matter the era.
4. Introduce More Natural Light with Larger Windows – Has your family been suffering from the winter blues? One of the best ways to ease seasonal depression is UV light and Vitamin D. Let more natural light into your home all year round by replacing your windows with larger ones with summer. Natural light encourages people to be in more positive moods and can help you feel less drowsy. If your living room is feeling drab, natural light and fresh paint on the walls can really make the room stand out again.
5. Engineered Hardwood Flooring – Tear out the old, worn out carpeting and put down engineered hardwood flooring instead. Engineered hardwood flooring is made by layering thin sheets of wood and bonding them with adhesive before pressing them under intense heat. The greatest benefit of engineered hardwood flooring is that it looks and feels just like solid wood. Homeowners who choose this type of flooring don’t have to worry about humidity fluctuations shrinking or expanding wood floor boards. Engineered hardwood flooring is also more versatile than hardwood in that it can be installed over concrete in some conditions.
6. Add More Green Plants- The benefits of nature are pretty well known but surrounding ourselves with plants can be very relaxing. Plants also decrease the amount of carbon dioxide in your home and can help increase humidity in very dry climates. Plants can also help keep dust down which is great for families and also regulate temperatures to stay cooler.
Creating the perfect ambiance in your home is essential to having a great family atmosphere that is welcoming to family and friends. Many homeowners love to entertain, and ambiance is what makes your guests want to come back over to your house. Make people fall in love with your home as much as you have this summer.
Guest blog by Matt Lee – Innovative Building Materials